- Those requiring additional digestible fibre as part of a fully balanced diet
- Horses on a low starch diet needing low sugar, high fibre calories
- Good-doers who need to be kept chewing, while controlling calorie intake
- Suitable for equines prone to EGUS
Speedi-Beet is unmolassed sugar beet pulp cooked via a unique patented process to produce flakes which need a fraction of the soaking time of traditional sugar beet shreds or pellets. It is high in fibre, particularly soluble fibre which is readily digested and yields slow release energy, as well as being low in sugar and containing no starch.
With a Digestible Energy content similar to that of a conditioning feed, Speedi-Beet is a useful source of non-heating calories and can be fed as the sole additional calorie source, alongside forage, with Lo-Cal, Performance or Stud Balancer supplying those nutrients which are likely to be lacking in a forage/fibre-only diet. Being starch-free, Speedi-Beet is particularly useful for those horses whose starch intake requires minimising or controlling, like those prone to laminitis or tying-up.
- Digestible Energy 11.0 MJ/kg
- Protein 9.0%
- Oil 0.7%
- Fibre 16.0%
- Ash 9.0%
- Starch trace
- Sugar 5%